In this activity, your preschool child is the star of the book that you write together.
Look in your local library for information on making books with children. Stories turned into books will be treasured for years to come.Materials
- Pen, markers, or crayons
- Photographs or old magazines
- Write a story with your child about events in her life--a story in which she is the central character.
- Begin the story by saying, for example, "Today is a special day for (child's name) because she is going to __________."
- Write the story down, including your child's responses, and illustrate the story with drawings, photos, or pictures cut from magazines.
- Your child can help you choose and glue the pictures.