This reading activity helps children learn to be comfortable with reading aloud.
Table of contents
- Cassette tape recorder
Children should be encouraged to read aloud. They also like to listen while someone else reads to them. In order for oral reading to be a comfortable experience, it should be practiced before it is performed.
- Choose a short story or a part of a longer story that you would like to read aloud.
- Practice reading the paragraphs with the cassette tape recorder.
- Play back your reading and repeat recording until it sounds okay.
- This is particularly helpful if you have been asked to read in front of your class or to an audience.
- If you have had a chance to practice reading aloud, you will feel much more at ease when it is your turn to do it.