- Various fruit and vegetables
- Paring knife
- Print pad or stamp pad
- Cut fruits and vegetables into halves, quarters, circles, or any other shapes, dip into tempera paints or on a print or stamp pad, and then press onto plain or colored paper.
- Apples cut in half will have a star design in the middle (where the seeds are), while green peppers make a great shamrock design.
- Cut a potato in half and use a small paring knife to create a relief design: circles, squares, hearts, and so on.
- If you make letters, don't forget to carve them backwards so they will print correctly.