Here is a outdoor version of golf that kids can play. Putt on the greens!
- Empty, clean tin can
- Golf putter (or child's golf club, narrow length of wood, or heavy cardboard rolled and taped into a "club")
- Several golf balls
- Paper and pencil
- Dig a hole in the ground and place the can in it so the top of the can is flush with the ground.
- Mark a spot about ten feet away from the can. This will be the point from which players will putt.
- Give the balls to the first player and challenge him to putt them into the can.
- When he has putted all the balls, retrieve them from the can and record his score.
- A ball that lands in the can scores two points, and the ball nearest the can scores one point. (This way, every player always scores at least one point.)
- Each player takes a turn.
- Set a time limit.
- The player with the most points when time runs out is the winner.
- A child playing alone can try to accumulate a certain number of points within a given time period.