Melting crayon shavings on spring flowers or fall leaves can result in lovely greeting cards or art for the wall.
- Flowers or leaves
- Crayon shavings
- Wax paper
- Go out on a walk with your child and pick some pretty spring flowers or fall leaves.
- At home, make shavings of brightly colored crayons with a grater or knife.
- Place a piece of wax paper, wax side up, on top of several layers of newspaper on your work surface.
- Arrange the flowers or leaves on top of the wax paper and sprinkle with crayon shavings.
- Cover with another piece of wax paper, wax side down.
- Place several layers of newspaper on top and iron thoroughly until the crayons are melted.
- Hang to dry.
- A smaller version glued to one half of a folded piece of construction paper makes a unique and beautiful greeting card.