- Heavy cardboard or plywood
- Flat coffee filters
- String or wide elastic
- First make the flower-press out of the cardboard or plywood.
- Cut two pieces twelve inches square.
- Place one on top of the other to make sure they fit neatly together.
- Cut two lengths of string or elastic (twenty-four inches).
- Gather flowers from your garden or when you are out on a nature walk.
- Keep them undisturbed until you get home.
- Place a coffee filter, opened flat, on the cardboard and carefully spread one or two flowers on it.
- Place another filter on top.
- Repeat until you have used up the flowers.
- Now place the other piece of cardboard on top.
- Tie securely with the string or elastic. You may need someone else to help you hold the layers down.
- Place the flower-press in a cool, dry place for several days.
- Gently open it to view or remove your dried, pressed flowers.