Follow the instructions in this game to challenge children's visual memory skills.
Table of contents
- Assorted objects
- Tea towel
- Small sack
- Paper and pencil
- Collect ten to twenty small common objects, e.g., safety pin, spoon, eraser, watch, comb, button, ring, thumb tack, clothespin, key, cork, stamp, etc.
- Place the objects on a tray.
- The players have one minute to look at the tray and then it is covered with the tea towel.
- The players must then write down all the objects they can remember.
- The winner is the one who has the most correct items.
- This game can also be played by using the sense of touch.
- Place the objects in a small sack (burlap is best) with only enough room at the opening for a hand to go through.
- Each player has one minute to place his or her hand in the bag and then try to recognize as many objects as possible.
- Again, the player who has written down the most correct items is the winner.