Follow the directions in this activity, and you and your child can go fishing in your own home!
Table of contents
- 10 to 20 minutes
- String or yarn
- Small magnet
- Colored paper
- Paper clips
- Tape piece of yarn 3 to 5 feet long on the end of a yardstick.
- At the end of the yarn, attach a small magnet with the glue and allow it to dry overnight.
- Cut colored fish out of the paper and glue a paper clip on each fish, allowing it to dry with the pole.
- To play, put the fish on the floor and dangle the magnet over the paper clips.
- For an added challenge, pick a subject area that your child is learning (colors, numbers, words) and put the components on each fish so your child can identify them when they are caught.
- Write the names of family members and friends on the fish and give the fish to those people when it is caught.
- Use envelopes instead of paper fish and seal in small pieces of cereal or raisins.