Follow these instructions to make a beautiful felt and cardboard doll with your preschool child.
- Pen or marker
- Scraps of yarn and fabric
- Shoe box
- Draw the shape of a person on a square of felt.
- The person should have clearly defined arms and legs, with the arms held away from the body.
- Glue the felt to a piece of cardboard and cut out the doll.
- Glue on yarn for hair, and draw a face with a marker.
- To make clothing for the doll, place the doll on scraps of fabric and use a marker to trace around the body.
- Cut out the clothes and dress the doll; the cloth will stick to the doll's felt body.
- Store the doll and clothes in a shoebox and take the box with you on long car rides.