Your child can successfully grow sunflowers -- both inside and outside your house!
- Sunflower seeds
- Compost tea
- Stakes (optional)
- Have your child plant sunflower seeds early in the growing season, after all danger of frost has passed, about one inch deep and three feet apart.
- If you're planting sunflowers in a garden, plant them where they won't shade shorter plants.
- Water the plants regularly with water and every three weeks with compost tea.
- When seedlings appear, put compost around the base of each plant, making sure the compost doesn't touch the stem.
- Taller plants may need stakes for support.