This activity requires the use of a food warming tray or electric griddle. Close supervision by an adult is recommended.Materials
- Food warming tray or electric griddle
- Aluminum foil
- Oven mitts
- Damp cloth
- Cover a food warming tray or electric griddle with aluminum foil.
- Set on low setting and, when the tray is warm, have your child make a drawing on the foil with a crayon.
- The crayon will melt as you draw and produce beautiful, colorful designs.
- To make a print, lay a sheet of paper over the crayon design and carefully smooth the paper down with oven mitts.
- Lift it off and see the design transferred onto the paper.
- Wipe the foil clean with a damp cloth and start again for a new print.