Activity for an individual child
Age group: 30-40 months
Duration of activity: 45 minutes
- 1 large sheet poster board or cardboard
- Markers and crayons
- Food pictures cut from magazines
Here is a fun way to help your child start to make healthy food choices. Instead of making the head, you can purchase a bean-bag target face for the same purpose.
- Cut a large head (approximately the size of a beach ball) out of poster board. Cut out a hole for the mouth.
- Have your child help you decorate the head.
- Provide your child with a variety of magazine clippings of food pictures. Be sure to have a wide selection of both nutritious and junk foods. Ask your child to feed the head with only those foods that are nutritious.