This classic variant of solitaire builds matching and number skills using a deck of cards.
- Deck of playing cards
- Deal four cards faceup in a row from left to right.
- Compare each card with the two cards on its left (if available) to see if it matches with either card in number or suit. If so, place the card on top of its match.
- Moving the card creates a space in the row.
- Move the cards together to close up the space and check to see if new matches have appeared as a result.
- Add one new card from your deck to the right of the row. Check to see if it is a match with the two cards on its left.
- Move the piles of cards accordingly if it is.
- If not, deal another card to the right of the row.
- The object of the game is to get the whole deck of cards into one pile. This is difficult to do, so ending up with five piles is a good outcome.