In this toddler activity, your child is asked to match the dot on the clothespin to the same color dot on the can.
If the cutting and gluing aspect of preparing this activity will take more time than you have, use two sets of matching stickers instead.Materials
- Metal lids from frozen-juice cans
- Double set of pictures (either photographs or from a magazine)
- Clear contact paper
- Magnets (optional)
- Plastic container, shoebox, or diaper-wipe container
- Cut a double set of pictures of family and friends (or pictures from two identical magazines) into a round shape that will fit the lid of a frozen-juice can.
- Glue the pictures onto the lids and cover with clear contact paper. (You should have two sets of lids exactly the same.)
- Have your child sort the lids into pairs by matching the two pictures that are the same.
- If you like, glue magnets to the backs of the lids and make this a refrigerator or cookie-sheet activity.
- Store the lids in a plastic container, shoebox, or diaperwipe container with a slit cut in the top, your toddler will enjoy dropping the lids into the opening to put the game away.