Scatter the pennies over an open room, blindfold the children, and see who wins the rainy-day scavenger hunt.
- One blindfold per player
- One paper bag per player
- Use a large, open room for this game. Remove any objects that may be dangerous if children crawl into them or knock them over.
- Blindfold each player, then scatter pennies on the floor.
- Give each player a paper bag.
- At your signal, have the players crawl on their hands and knees, feeling for pennies.
- After five minutes, call off the hunt and have the players count their pennies.
- The player with the most pennies wins.
- Let the kids keep the pennies they find.