- 15 to 30 minutes
- Wide-rimmed glass
- Sandwich fillings
- Food coloring
- Small paintbrush
- Why eat ordinary sandwiches when you can have magically colored ones? Begin by cutting the bread into a circle, using the glass.
- Mix a small amount of milk with food coloring and paint designs lightly onto the bread, making sure that is does not become soaked.
- Toast the bread before making sandwiches.
- Sprinkle the colors with cinnamon before toasting and use it for a tea party.
- Let your child make a sandwich for you after asking you questions to guide choices.
- Use a color theme, like all red or red and yellow, for creating a sandwich.
- Use cookie cutters to make fanciful sandwich shapes.