Every child enjoys picking berries. Follow these tips to make sure it's a fun experience.
Table of contents
- Sun hat
- Bag lunch
Every child should pick berries at least once in her life! Kids find strawberries the easiest to pick, as they are low to the ground, easy to see, and have no thorns.
- Find a farm that allows you to pick your own fruit.
- Go early in the day before it gets too hot, and don't forget the sunscreen and a sun hat.
- Most preschoolers won't last more than half an hour at this, so take lunch, juice, and some books for your child to enjoy in the shade when she tires.
- At home, have your child help you wash and hull the berries.
- Homemade jam is a marvelous project if you are feeling ambitious.
Try these 12 Berry-Licious Dessert Recipes!