40 Educational Shows for Kids You Can Stream Now
Searching for educational programs for your kids to watch during COVID-19 school closures? With so many options available on various streaming services, it can be overwhelming to do the research, even if you have extra time on your hands. Luckily, we’ve done the work for you and broken things up by category and age group. As always, make the determination that’s right for your home and your child. Happy streaming!
Educational Shows on Netflix
- Octonauts: Comb the oceans for aquatic creatures and marine life in need of assistance with the cutest crew under the sea.
- Word Party: Join the party with Bailey, Franny, Kip and Lulu to learn about word concepts and meanings.
- Morphle: A magical pet who can morph into anything, and teach your little one to dream, too!
- Puffin Rock: Introduce your child to the basic concepts of science, and learn about different animals in nature with Oona and Baba.
- Ask The StoryBots: Kids grow more curious with age, and they can learn a lot of answers to their questions from the StoryBots!
- Llama Llama: Based on the beloved children’s book series, learn from Llama Llama and Mama Llama about conflict resolution, consequences, and more.
- Treehouse Detectives: Your preschooler will turn into a super sleuth as they solve mysteries with brother-sister duo Toby and Teri.
- Super Monsters: Your kids won’t have to be afraid of these monsters! This group of preschool students is working to master their powers like their famous parents before getting to kindergarten.
- YooHoo To The Rescue: Follow five animal friends in the magical land of YooTopia to learn about different environments and animals.
- Sid The Science Kid: Sid, his teacher, family, and friends, tackle questions about science with a sense of humor.
- The Magic School Bus Rides Again: If you grew up loving the book series and original TV show, you’ll definitely want to introduce your kids to this show of science-fueled fun!
- Dino Girl Gauko: This comedic series is silly with underlying messages of inclusivity, centered around tween Naoko who occasionally transforms into a fire-breathing green dinosaur.
- The InBESTigators: This mockumentary-style show follows a group of clever fifth-graders as they vlog about the mysteries they solve in their detective agency.
Educational Shows on Amazon Prime
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood: Inspired by the iconic Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood that you loved, your kids will feel the same about Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, starring four-year-old Daniel Tiger, son of the original show’s Daniel Striped Tiger.
- Super Why!: Reading is definitely a super power! And if your kids don’t believe you, they’ll listen to this crew.
- Bubble Guppies: Go underwater with these fish-tailed students in their classroom to learn about basic science and math with plenty of singing.
- BabyFirst: Music and colors come together to create a soothing show that teaches the basics of ABCs and more.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog: Enjoy the adventures of Emily Elizabeth and her best friend Clifford the Big Red Dog, based on the book series by Norman Bridwell.
- Dinosaur Train: Encourage your preschooler to learn about the world around them, and what came before us from friendly prehistoric creatures!
- Nature Cat: Just because we can’t venture into the great outdoors right now doesn’t mean we can’t learn about it.
- Ruff Ruffman: Host Ruff Ruffman answers questions from real kids about science and more with the help of his assistants Blossom and Chet.
- Creative Galaxy: In need of some arts and crafts inspiration? Look no further than Arty and his alien friends to solve problems using art.
- Team Umizoomi: Go on problem-solving and math-learning adventures with Milli, Geo and Bot in Umi City!
- Peg + Cat: Hone your child’s math and problem-solving skills with Peg and her sidekick Cat.
- Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum: Xavier, Yadina and Brad tackle modern problems with the help of famous figures like George Washington and Susan B. Anthony when they were kids by traveling back in time.
- Odd Squad: Tag along with the members of Odd Squad, a kid-run organization focused on solving problems with math concepts.
- Arthur: There’s a reason this show, filled with humorous stories that touch on morality and more, has been around for so long.
- Cyberchase: Follow along and watch as Jackie, Matt and Inez use gadgets and follow clues to take down the villain Hacker.
Pin to save this list for later:
Educational Shows on Hulu
- Curious George: Your curious kids will love learning from this curious monkey! Even better, parents can learn a thing or two about supporting their kids while they watch, too.
- Doc McStuffins: Doc McStuffins runs a colorful clinic for toys out of her playhouse with the help of her stuffed animal friends.
- Sesame Street: There’s a reason Sesame Street has been a mainstay for years, and will likely continue to be! Catch select episodes on Hulu to keep you and your little one entertained.
- The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That!: Make natural science discoveries with one of Dr. Suess’ most beloved characters!
- Crafty Rafty: Encourage your kids to create recycled art with what’s around them!
- How It’s Made: The whole family will enjoy learning how everything from fishing line to bike lights are made on this documentary series.
Educational Shows on Disney+
- Muppet Babies: Featuring the toddler versions of the Muppets you’ve known and loved for years, your kids will love watching them get into playroom adventures.
- Little Einsteins: Expose your kids to classical music with Leo, Annie, Quincy and June as they take off on a different mission or journey each episode.
- Miles From Tomorrowland: Join Miles Callisto and his intergalactic family in 2501 to learn about science, technology and astronomy.
- Handy Manny: Perfect for your little ones who want to help out with chores and tasks around the house.
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey and the gang will lead your preschooler through interactive and imaginative fun, while teaching critical thinking and problem solving.
- Elephant: The whole family will enjoy listening to Meghan Markle narrate the tale of this elephant herd’s journey across the desert in Disney Nature’s latest documentary.
Looking for ways to keep the kids busy and learning during social distancing? Sign up for the Prepared Parent, a daily newsletter filled with everything to help mom and dad in their roles as teacher-parents.
Was this article helpful?