Our Favorite Valentine's Day Books for Kids
Editor's Note: We know raising kids can be hard. That's why we're dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
Show your kiddos extra affection by playing cupid this Valentine's Day. Fill your loved ones? hearts with a love for reading by surprising them with one of these adorable Valentine's Day books.
A book is always a wonderful choice for a Valentine's Day gift, and it's a lovely tradition to start early. From your baby's very first valentine-themed board book to self-love inspiration for teens, it's the perfect gift to give year after year. Gifting books is a tried and true way to say I love you along with a sweet Valentine's Day card.
Our Top Picks
- Best Valentine Board Book: Happy Valentine's Day, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff at Amazon
- Best Valentine Picture Book: Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle at Amazon
- Best Rhyming Valentine Book: Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool by Kimberly and James Dean at Amazon
- Best Valentine Chapter Book: Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine by Barbara Park at Amazon
- Best Valentine Book About Animals: Roses Are Pink, Your Feet Really Stink by Diane deGroat at Amazon
- Best Valentine Book for Preschoolers: The Biggest Valentine Ever by Steven Kroll at Amazon
- Best Valentine Book to Read with Crafts: The Day It Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond at Amazon
- Best Classic Valentine Book for Kids: Happy Valentine's Day, Charlie Brown! by Charles M. Schulz at Amazon
- Best Valentine Joke Book: The Laugh Challenge Joke Book: Valentine Edition by Riddleland at Amazon
- Best Valentine Journal: Love, Mom and Me: A Mother and Daughter Keepsake Journal by Katie Clemons at Amazon
- Best Self Love Book for Teen Girls: The Girl's Guide to Loving Yourself by Diane Mastromarino Jensen at Amazon
- Best Teen Coloring Book: Follow Your Heart by Art Therapy Coloring at Amazon
- Best Self Care Book for Teen Boys: Shoot Your Shot: A Sports Inspired Guide to Living Your Best Life by Vernon Brundage, Jr. at Amazon
- Best Valentine's Day Story for Kids: Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch by Eileen Spinelli at Amazon
What to Consider When Purchasing
When choosing a special valentine book for your child, be sure to consider the following:
- Their age and developmental stage
- Whether they would like a book you can read aloud to them or whether they would rather read something at a just right reading level
- Whether it would make sense to choose a hardcover, softcover, a board book, or an activity book.
How We Chose Our Favorites
We consulted with parents and kids to get the lowdown on what you need to know to choose the perfect Valentine's Day books for kids. We also chose kids' books that are easily available via Amazon Prime.
Looking for more activities for kids for Valentine's Day? Check out our Valentine's Day Printables and activities.