On a rainy day, teach your toddler how to thread spools, and she'll practice for hours.
- Shoelace or thin plastic tubing
- Items for threading: empty thread spools, large beads, hair curlers, tubular pasta, paper towel tubes cut into 1-inch rings
- Collect a variety of round objects such as empty spools, large beads, plastic hair curlers, large tubular pasta, or paper towel tubes cut into 1-inch rings.
- Show your child how to thread these items onto a shoelace or length of thin plastic tubing.
- Tie one of the objects being threaded to the end of the lace or tubing to prevent the rest from slipping off.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.