This activity instructs children on how to turn an ordinary bed into a four-poster bed.
- Lots of newspaper
- Masking tape
- Fabric scraps
- String or twine
Here's your chance to change your ordinary bed into one fit for a king or queen.
- You will need to make many strong newspaper tubes. To do this, roll at least six sheets of newspaper tightly starting at one corner.
- Tape the roll a few times to hold the roll together.
- Measure the height you would like the canopy to be.
- Join the newspaper rolls together with tape to make four legs as tall as you need.
- Tie them to the legs of your bed. If you have no legs on your bed, wrap the twine around the whole base of your bed a few times.
- Next, measure the distance between the legs for the top of the frame.
- Make the top frame a little longer than you need so the ends can be folded over and stuffed into the leg tops.
- Tape them securely.
- You can paint the newspaper if you want, but be careful not to drip paint on the bed or floor.
- Drape fabric scraps, sheets, ribbons, or anything you want to dress up the bed.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.