Our Favorite First Birthday Gift Ideas
Editorâs Note: We know raising kids can be hard. Thatâs why weâre dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
Can you believe that you almost have a one year old? Having a hard time deciding on a birthday present for baby's first birthday? We can help. Check out our list of top baby gift ideas for a newly-turning one year old.
A first birthday is truly something special to celebrate. Your little one is officially leaving babyhood behind and entering the exciting world of discovery called toddlerhood. This milestone birthday will be one to remember, and these first birthday gift ideas, including baby toys, experience gifts, and more, will help to make the most of this precious time.
Here are 25 first birthday gifts in celebration of the number of months making up your babyâs first year. We hope this list will help you choose the best first birthday gift for your growing little one!
Our Top Picks:
- If Your Little One Loves Following You Around the Kitchen: KidKraft Vintage Kitchen at Amazon
- For Your Little Mozart: Hape Playful Piano Kid's Musical Wooden Instrument at Amazon
- Best Dress Up Gift: Dexter Toys Toddler Career Costumes, Set of 5 at Amazon
- For a Fun Birthday Photoshoot: First Birthday Outfit boy 1st Birthday boy Gifts one Year Old Baby Boys Shirt at Amazon
- For the Newly Walking One Year Old: Little Mae's Boutique Mary Jane Squeaky Shoes at Amazon
- A Collectible Gift: Precious Moments Disney Showcase Collection Birthday Figurine at Amazon
- Best Outdoor Toy Gift: Little Tikes First Slide Indoor / Outdoor at Amazon
- For Your Little Artist: Crayola Washable Finger Paint at Amazon
- Most Engaging Gift: Melissa & Doug Wooden Project Workbench at Amazon
- Best Experiential Gift: Childrenâs Museum Membership
- Best Book Gift: Subscription Book Service
What to Look for in First Birthday Gifts
- If itâs a toy, is it engaging and age-appropriate?
- If itâs a toy, does it match with the childâs unique interests?
- If itâs something else, how does it bring value to the childâs life?
How We Chose Our Favorites
We spoke with real parents and did extensive research on the best toys on Amazon to come up with our gift guide listing the best birthday gifts for a one-year-old.
Browse the full list of the top 25 best birthday gifts for inspiration:
Savings Account Contribution
A Long Term Gift
Itâs hard to imagine college, world travel, or a first car when you are facing your babyâs very first birthday, but beginning to invest in a savings account for your child is a worthy birthday tradition. Though she wonât understand the value of this gift for years to come, she will certainly be grateful when the time comes to start using her savings.
Mommy and Me Classes
Bonding Time With Mom
A first birthday brings along more laughter, babble, and interaction with your baby. A wonderful way to make the most of this special time is with mommy and me classes. Whether itâs a music, swimming, or play focused class, you will love seeing your little one grow in a new environment and amongst other children her age.
Childrenâs Museum Membership
Best Experiential Gift
A membership to your local childrenâs museum will provide you and your birthday child with a place to make so many memories together. Indoor space to play and learn will give you both the chance to see shows, play in an educational way, and interact with other parents and children in a fun way. As the months go on, youâll be amazed at how much more your little one can do during your museum visits.
Subscription Book Service
Best Book Gift
Itâs never too early to fall in love with reading, and receiving a monthly shipment of age appropriate board books will help your little one start this new journey. Each month, you will receive new books for your child to play with and for you to begin bedtime routines of reading nightly stories together. The more books you have around, the more your birthday child will start to explore the world of reading.