Boy name origins & meanings
- English : Aware, cautious
- German : Watchman; gamekeeper; enclosure
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- English : topographic name for someone who lived by a dam or weir on a river (Old English wær, wer), or a habitational name from a place named with this word, such as Ware in Hertfordshire.
- English : nickname for a cautious person, from Middle Englishwar(e) ‘wary’, ‘prudent’ (Old English (ge)wær).
- English : Robert Ware came to Dedham, MA, from England in or before 1642. Henry Ware (1764–1845), born in Sherborn, MA, was a Unitarian clergyman and theologian and father of the physician John Ware (b. 1795) and two clergymen, Henry (b. 1794) and William (b. 1797).