Family name origins & meanings
- Vietnamese : unexplained.
- Chinese : Cantonese variant of Du 1.
- Chinese : Cantonese variant of Tao.
- Chinese : Cantonese variant of Tu 2.
- Chinese : Cantonese variant of Tu 3.
- Chinese : variant of Chu 2.
- Korean : there are three Chinese characters for the Korean surname To. Of these, two are quite rare, while the third is used by at least fifteen clans. Three clans can be documented, but two of them appear to be practically extinct. Only the Söngju To clan has a significant population in Korea. The origins of the Söngju To clan are unclear. It is certain, however, that the clan was living in the Söngju area by the end of the post-Shilla Three Kingdom period.