Girl name origins & meanings
- Greek : Industrious
- Hawaiian : Nymph daughter of Oceanus
Family name origins & meanings
- Southern Italian : habitational name from any of various places in Sicily and southern Italy named Melia, as for example in the provinces of Messina or Reggio Calabria.
- Italian : possibly from a short form of the female personal name Amelia.
- Irish : variant of Malley.
- Dutch : from a derivative of the Latin personal name Amelius, Amilius (see Mehle).
- Catalan (Melià) : from the Latin personal name Aemilianus.
- Georgian : from a Georgian local name.