Girl name origins & meanings
- Slavic : Goddess of love and fertility
Family name origins & meanings
- Polish (also Łada) and Czech (Moravian) : from a pet form of the personal name Lada, a short form of PolishWładysław, Ładysław, or Czech(V)ladislav (see Laszlo).
- Czech : topographic name from lada ‘heath’.
- Hungarian (Láda) : metonymic occupational name for a joiner, from Hungarian láda ‘box’, from Middle High Germanlade ‘box’, ‘coffin’.
- Hungarian : from Lad(a) a short form of the personal name Ladomér, a Hungarian form of Slavic Vladimir.