Girl name origins & meanings
- Hindi : Lotus
- Hawaiian : Precious one
- Slavic : Fragrant evergreen tree with fragrant flowers
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings
- Irish : Warrior chief
- Teutonic : To cover, veil, or hide
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- Dutch and Jewish (Ashkenazic) : from Dutch and Yiddish kam ‘comb’, hence a metonymic occupational name either for a comb maker or for a wool comber or fuller.
- Reduced form of Dutch van der Kam, from Middle Dutch kamme ‘brewery’, hence a topographic name for someone who lived by a brewery or a metonymic occupational name for someone who worked in one.
- Reduced form of Dutch van Kam, a habitational name for someone from Chaam (formerly Kam) near Breda.
- Chinese : variant of Gan 1.
- Chinese : variant of Jin 1.