Boy name origins & meanings
- French : Enlightened
- Spanish : New house
- Arabic : Bright; splendid
- Spanish : New home
What does Javier mean and stand for?
The name Javier is of Spanish origin and means "new house." It is the Spanish variation of Xavier.
Family name origins & meanings
- Spanish : from a personal name or religious byname bestowed in honor of St. Francis Xavier (1506–52), Jesuit missionary to the Far East. He was a member of a noble family who took their name from the castle of Xabier in Navarre, where he was born. The place name Xabier is of Basque origin (see Echeverria).
Famous people with this first name
What Does the Name Javier Mean?
The name Javier is the Spanish version of Xavier and means "new house." It is one of the most popular Spanish names in America.
How Popular is the Name Javier?
Javier is the number 249 most popular boys name in the US, according to 2021 Social Security Administration data. It has remained fairly consistent in the ranks since falling below the top 200 in 2012.
However, it is the 9th most popular name on FamilyEducation.com.
Popularity of the Name Javier in the United States
According to Google search data analysis, in the last five years Javier was at its peak popularity in September 2020.
Javier was searched for most often in the following states:
Famous People Named Javier and Javier in Pop Culture
Javier, one of the most popular Spanish names in America, has many notable namesakes: singer Javier Colon, NFL player Javier Arenas, actor Javier Ángel Encinas Bardem, actor Javier Muñoz, and various Spanish footballers. The name has also appeared in Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, Red Dead Redemption 2, Castle, and Modern Family.
Pairs Well with These Middle Names
- The Ultimate List of Mexican Boy Names
- 75 Baby Names Inspired by the Desert
- 75 Names that Mean Hope to Inspire Your Baby Name Search