Boy name origins & meanings
- German : Surname relating to falconry
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- German : from Middle High German valke ‘falcon’, hence a nickname or a metonymic occupational name for a falconer.
- Scandinavian : ornamental name from falk ‘falcon’.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : ornamental name from German Falke ‘falcon’, or, in Bohemia, from Czech vlk ‘wolf’.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : ornamental name from Yiddish falk ‘falcon’ or from the personal name Falk with the same meaning.