Meaning and Origin of: Falk
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- German : Surname relating to falconry
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- German : from Middle High German valke ‘falcon’, hence a nickname or a metonymic occupational name for a falconer.
- Scandinavian : ornamental name from falk ‘falcon’.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : ornamental name from German Falke ‘falcon’, or, in Bohemia, from Czech vlk ‘wolf’.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : ornamental name from Yiddish falk ‘falcon’ or from the personal name Falk with the same meaning.