Boy name origins & meanings
- Irish : Victorious people
Family name origins & meanings
- English (of Norman origin) : habitational name from places in Eure and Seine-Maritime, France, called Cailly, from a Romano-Gallic personal name Callius + the locative suffix -acum.
- English : habitational name from a minor place called Caley in the parish of Winwick, Lancashire, named with Old English cā ‘jackdaw’ + lēah ‘woodland clearing’.
- Irish : reduced and altered form of McCauley.
- Manx : variant of Callow.