Meaning and Origin of: Bos
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Hebrew : Swift, strong
- Old French : Forested town
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- Reduced form of Dutch Van den Bos, a variant of the topographic name Vandenbosch.
- South German and French : from the Germanic personal name Boso (see Boos).
- French (central France) : variant of Bois.
- Hungarian (Bős) : from a pet form of the old secular personal name Bő.
- Hungarian : habitational name for someone from a place called Bős, formerly in Pozsony county, Hungary, now part of Slovakia.
- Hungarian (Bós) : from the old Magyar secular name Bós.
- Polish (Boś) : from a pet form of the personal names Bolesław or Bogusław.