Boy name origins & meanings
- Hebrew : Swift, strong
- Old French : Forested town
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- Reduced form of Dutch Van den Bos, a variant of the topographic name Vandenbosch.
- South German and French : from the Germanic personal name Boso (see Boos).
- French (central France) : variant of Bois.
- Hungarian (Bős) : from a pet form of the old secular personal name Bő.
- Hungarian : habitational name for someone from a place called Bős, formerly in Pozsony county, Hungary, now part of Slovakia.
- Hungarian (Bós) : from the old Magyar secular name Bós.
- Polish (Boś) : from a pet form of the personal names Bolesław or Bogusław.