Meaning and Origin of: Bing
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Girl name origins & meanings:
- German : From the name Bingham: kettle-shaped hollow
Girl name variations
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Chinese : Soldier, ice
- German : Kettle-shaped hollow
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- English : of uncertain derivation; probably a topographic name for someone living near a bing, a northern dialect word recorded with the senses ‘heap’, ‘bin’, ‘receptacle’ (probably from Old Norse bingr ‘stall’).
- Jewish (western Ashkenazic) and Danish : habitational name from Bing, a shortened form of Bingen.
- Danish : metonymic occupational name, from bing ‘storage bin for grain’, for someone who either made or used such containers.