Girl name origins & meanings
- German : From the name Bingham: kettle-shaped hollow
Boy name origins & meanings
- Chinese : Soldier, ice
- German : Kettle-shaped hollow
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings
- English : of uncertain derivation; probably a topographic name for someone living near a bing, a northern dialect word recorded with the senses ‘heap’, ‘bin’, ‘receptacle’ (probably from Old Norse bingr ‘stall’).
- Jewish (western Ashkenazic) and Danish : habitational name from Bing, a shortened form of Bingen.
- Danish : metonymic occupational name, from bing ‘storage bin for grain’, for someone who either made or used such containers.