Find Baby Names
All baby boy names that start with the letter S
Are you looking for the perfect baby boy name that starts with S? You're in luck! We've compiled the ultimate list of baby boy names beginning with S to make your baby name search easy and fun.
When considering what name to give your son, S names make strong and unique names for boys. Plus, names starting with S have never been more popular!
Discover rare S names for boys, the best options for boy middle names that start with S, and more! And if you love these boy names and want to explore the other letters of the alphabet, check out our complete list of boy names from A-Z.
Popular Boy Names That Start with S
Some "S" names have become very popular baby name picks in the last few years. Here are the most popular boy names starting with S, according to the latest data from the Social Security Administration.
- Sebastian - Sebastian was originally an ethnic name meaning "man from Sebastia", a city in Pontus named from Greek sebastos "revered." Sebastian is the #19 most popular boy name.
- Samuel - Samuel is derived from Hebrew origins from the Biblical male personal name Samuel (Hebrew Shemuel "Name of God"). Samuel is the #23 most popular boy name.
- Santiago - Santiago is of Hebrew and Spanish origin and means "supplanter." It is also of Latin origin and translates to Saint James. Santiago is the #63 most popular boy name.
- Silas - Silas is from the personal name Silas, a vernacular form of Latin Silvanus (see Silvano). Silas is the #91 most popular boy name.
- Sawyer - Sawyer is of English origin and means "woodcutter." Sawyer is the #114 most popular boy name.
- Steven - The name Steven is of Greek origin and means "crown." Steven is the #235 most popular boy name.
- Simon - The name Simon is of Hebrew origin and means "he who hears." Simon is the #247 most popular boy name.
- Spencer -The name Spencer is of Old English origin and means "keeper." Spencer is the #315 most popular boy name.
- Stephen - The name Stephen is of Greek origin and means "crown." Stephen is the #341 most popular boy name.
- Sean - Sean is a name of Celtic origin, meaning "god's grace." Sean is the #363 most popular boy name.
Unique and Rare Boy Names That Start with S
If popular and trendy names aren't for you, there are plenty of "S" names for boys that are unique and uncommon. Here are our favorite unique boy names starting with S.
- Sagan - Salem has origins in both Hebrew and Arabic and bears the meanings “peaceful, safe, complete, perfect.”
- Samson - Samson is of Hebrew origin and means "Like the sun."
- Sander - Sander is a Greek name meaning "protector of mankind."
- Seamus - Seamus is a name of Hebrew origin meaning "Supplanter."
- Sonny - Sonny is of English origin and means "Ormond's Son."
Modern Boy Names That Start with S
These trending baby boy names are modern name options for your baby boy.
- Seth (Hebrew) - Meaning "appointed" or "placed."
- Soren (Danish) - Meaning "stern" or "severe."
- Santino (Italian) - Derived from the Italian word for "saint," meaning "little saint."
- Sulaiman (Arabic) - Meaning "man of peace."
- Sage (English) - Meaning "wise one" or "herb."
- Sasha (Russian) - Short form of Alexander, meaning "defender" or "helper."
- Shiv (Hindi) - Meaning "auspicious" or "lucky."
- Stefan (Greek) - Meaning "crown" or "garland."
- Shane (Irish) - Meaning "God is gracious."
- Skyler (Dutch) - Meaning "scholar" or "learned one."
Cute Boy Names That Start with S
These are some of the cutest boy names beginning with S. These boy names are perfect for any adorable baby boy.