popular topics in preparing for back to school
- Back to SchoolWhat do Kids REALLY Like About School?FamilyEducation asked a bunch of kids what they really like about school. Check out this hilarious video for some honest answers. ...
- Supplies and ShoppingParents Pick the Coolest Back to School Supplies & Fashions With Advice at FamilyEducationInstead of wasting hours and hours wandering around the mall looking for school supplies, visit FamilyEducation to find out the coolest back to school clothing trends or the latest gadgets to help your kids in class. Although you could easily spe...Kelly Sundstrom
- Kindergarten ReadinessKindergarten Readiness ChecklistWhile there's no perfect formula that determines when children are truly ready for kindergarten, you can use this checklist below to see how well your child is doing in acquiring the skills found on most kindergarten checklists. Check the s...Peggy Gisler, Ed.S. and Marge Eberts, Ed.S.
- Back to School10 of The Coolest New School SuppliesYour kids can head back-to-school in style with these new awesome school supplies and accessories. Homework and lunchtime have never been so fun! Mini Panda Stapler Mini Panda Stapler Use this neat-o, decorative panda stapler to keep your s...Rachel Sokol
- Getting Organized5 Organizing Tips for Back to SchoolThe back to school whirlwind can cause chaos in even the most organized households. Between eating breakfast and packing book bags, making it out the door before the bus pulls away can be quite a challenge! This year, don't let yourself get stres...Rebecca Desfosse
- Back to SchoolHow to Transition to a Back to School ScheduleWhen summer hits, your schedule goes out the window and kids can go to bed and wake whenever they please. But staying up late and sleeping until 10 isn't going to fly once the kids go back to school. Instead of jumping back into a school schedule...Rebecca Desfosse
- Breakfast8 Breakfasts Kids Can "Cook" ThemselvesEven the littlest hands can help out in the kitchen, and involving your child in meal preparation is an important lesson in responsibility and self-sufficiency. With just a little prep ahead of time from you, these simple ideas allow your child t...Lindsay Hutton
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Preparing for Back to School5 Back to School Breakfasts You Can Make Ahead of TimeBack to school means the lazy, relaxing weekday mornings of the summer are quickly replaced with hectic ones. Between making sure your kids brush their teeth, packing book bags, and getting yourself dressed, you actually have to make (and eat!) a...Rebecca Desfosse
- Back to School5 Back-to-School Must HavesStarting the new school year can be very exciting at first. But it can also feel stressful for your child, and pretty soon they might start experiencing all the distractions and pressures that exists in the classroom. Before this happens, get ...Kelly Sundstrom
- Preparing for Back to School7 Healthy Back-to-School Lunch Ideas Your Kids Will LoveThe new school year gets closer every day. Have you thought about your kids' lunch plan yet? This year, say goodbye to that sandwich and chips, and pack your kids a healthy lunch they won't want to trade. Healthy lunch ideas don't have to be ...
- Getting Organized10 Ways to Help Your Kid Get Organized for the New School YearDeveloping good organizational skills is a key ingredient for success in school and in life. Although some people are by nature more organized than others, anyone can put routines and systems in place to help a child "get it together." The Coordi...Coordinated Campaign for Learning Disabilities
- Choosing a PreschoolWaldorf or Montessori: Which Education Will Work for Your FamilySo, you've decided to look into an alternative school for your children, but you're not sure about whether Waldorf or Montessori schools fit your family's style. You're not alone. Many parents choose one of these schools without fully understandi...
- Back to SchoolHow To Get Your Kids In The Car For SchoolWe all have big plans to make the school days start off right. Then the actual mornings come, and, well—we all know what happens. Luckily there are some shortcuts we can take to make up for the speed bumps that can’t be missed. Here’s what ...
- Benefits of HomeschoolingIs Homeschooling Right For You?Homeschooling has become a popular alternative option for students, and parents choose to homeschool their kids for a wide variety of reasons. Whether for religious reasons, a want for more in-depth learning opportunities, or to provide your chil...
- Math PrintablesFirst Grade Summer Learning Guide: Get Ready for Back-to-SchoolPrint off this guide of fun and educational activities that will help prepare over the summer for the first-grade school year. Included you'll find book suggestions for improving reading skills, grammar worksheets, lessons for community in...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- ADHD5 Back-to-School Gadgets to Help Kids with ADHD and AutismIt might seem hard to believe, but summer is quickly coming to a close and, before you know it, your kids will start the new school year. If you have a child with autism or ADHD, going back-to-school usually means dealing with a lot of anxiety, d...Kelly Sundstrom