popular topics in preparing for back to school
- Back to School10 of The Coolest New School SuppliesYour kids can head back-to-school in style with these new awesome school supplies and accessories. Homework and lunchtime have never been so fun! Mini Panda Stapler Mini Panda Stapler Use this neat-o, decorative panda stapler to keep your s...Rachel Sokol
- Getting Organized5 Organizing Tips for Back to SchoolThe back to school whirlwind can cause chaos in even the most organized households. Between eating breakfast and packing book bags, making it out the door before the bus pulls away can be quite a challenge! This year, don't let yourself get stres...Rebecca Desfosse
- Kindergarten ReadinessKindergarten Readiness ChecklistWhile there's no perfect formula that determines when children are truly ready for kindergarten, you can use this checklist below to see how well your child is doing in acquiring the skills found on most kindergarten checklists. Check the s...Peggy Gisler, Ed.S. and Marge Eberts, Ed.S.
- Back to SchoolHow to Transition to a Back to School ScheduleWhen summer hits, your schedule goes out the window and kids can go to bed and wake whenever they please. Nights stay lighter longer and kids have a ton of fun activities that keep them up late, like firework and fairs. However, staying up late a...Rebecca Desfosse
- Preparing for Back to School5 Back to School Breakfasts You Can Make Ahead of TimeBack to school means the lazy, relaxing weekday mornings of the summer are quickly replaced with hectic ones. Between making sure your kids brush their teeth, packing book bags, and getting yourself dressed, you actually have to make (and eat!) a...Rebecca Desfosse
- Back to School5 Back-to-School Must HavesStarting the new school year can be very exciting at first. But it can also feel stressful for your child, and pretty soon they might start experiencing all the distractions and pressures that exists in the classroom. Before this happens, get ...Kelly Sundstrom
- Breakfast8 Breakfasts Kids Can "Cook" ThemselvesEven the littlest hands can help out in the kitchen, and involving your child in meal preparation is an important lesson in responsibility and self-sufficiency. With just a little prep ahead of time from you, these simple ideas allow your child t...Lindsay Hutton
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Preparing for Back to School7 Healthy Back-to-School Lunch Ideas Your Kids Will LoveWith summer quickly coming to a close, your kiddos will be heading off to school in no time. This year, say goodbye to that sandwich and chips, and pack your kids a lunchtime surprise that will make them clean their Bento Box. Healthy lunch ideas...
- Choosing a PreschoolWaldorf or Montessori: Which Education Will Work for Your FamilySo, you've decided to look into an alternative school for your children, but you're not sure about whether Waldorf or Montessori schools fit your family's style. You're not alone. Many parents choose one of these schools without fully understandi...
- Back to SchoolHow To Get Your Kids In The Car For SchoolWe all have big plans to make the school days start off right. Then the actual mornings come, and, well—we all know what happens. Luckily there are some shortcuts we can take to make up for the speed bumps that can’t be missed. Here’s what ...
- Math PrintablesFirst Grade Summer Learning Guide: Get Ready for Back-to-SchoolPrint off this guide of fun and educational activities that will help prepare over the summer for the first-grade school year. Included you'll find book suggestions for improving reading skills, grammar worksheets, lessons for community in...
- Benefits of HomeschoolingIs Homeschooling Right For You?Homeschooling has become a popular alternative option for students, and parents choose to homeschool their kids for a wide variety of reasons. Whether for religious reasons, a want for more in-depth learning opportunities, or to provide your chil...
- ADHD5 Back-to-School Gadgets to Help Kids with ADHD and AutismIt might seem hard to believe, but summer is quickly coming to a close and, before you know it, your kids will start the new school year. If you have a child with autism or ADHD, going back-to-school usually means dealing with a lot of anxiety, d...Kelly Sundstrom
- Preparing for PreschoolBack to School Tips to help Prep for PreschoolI'm feeling pretty nostalgic that my baby is going to preschool come September. My son and I have spent that past 3 years together, so going to school will be a big change for him. I'm excited for him to socialize with other toddlers, and I'm equ...Courtney Key
- Math PrintablesSecond Grade Summer Learning Guide: Get Ready for Back-to-SchoolThis printable guide of fun and educational activities will help prepare over the summer for the second-grade school year. There are suggestions for books to enjoy over the summer, reading and language arts skill-builders, arithmetic and money-...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Academic AchievementsUnder Pressure! 7 Tips for Managing School-Related AnxietyMany kids are feeling intense pressure to excel, thanks in part to changes in homework and testing, a focus on college admissions from an earlier age, plus new forms of social pressure. Feeling a bit of stress can keep kids focused and motivated ...Erin Dower