popular topics in back to school
- Back to SchoolTarget Is All About Back to School and We Have a Roundup of the Best AccessoriesRemember that old back-to-school ad? The one where the parents are frolicking down the aisles buying school supplies while the kids drag their feet behind, all to the tune of "It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"? Your kids may not be all...
- Back to School10 Tips to Get Your Kid Organized for Back to SchoolSummer vacation is almost over. It's time to start thinking about getting organized for back to school. Here are 10 tips to get you started. To read the full article click here. ...
- Getting Organized10 Ways to Help Your Kid Get Organized for the New School YearDeveloping good organizational skills is a key ingredient for success in school and in life. Although some people are by nature more organized than others, anyone can put routines and systems in place to help a child "get it together." The Coordi...Coordinated Campaign for Learning Disabilities
- Back to SchoolDad's Corner with Joe Larson: Starting Off the School Year Right...Joe Larson
- Back to SchoolWhat do Kids REALLY Like About School?FamilyEducation asked a bunch of kids what they really like about school. Check out this hilarious video for some honest answers. ...
- PTA and PTOHow to Get Involved in the PTAIf you've never been to a PTA meeting, it can be a little intimidating. A bunch of teachers and parents who all seem to know each other already, all working together to do… what exactly? Don't panic! The PTA is essential to your child's school'...Rebecca Desfosse
- Breakfast8 Breakfasts Kids Can "Cook" ThemselvesEven the littlest hands can help out in the kitchen, and involving your child in meal preparation is an important lesson in responsibility and self-sufficiency. With just a little prep ahead of time from you, these simple ideas allow your child t...Lindsay Hutton
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Supplies and ShoppingParents Pick the Coolest Back to School Supplies & Fashions With Advice at FamilyEducationInstead of wasting hours and hours wandering around the mall looking for school supplies, visit FamilyEducation to find out the coolest back to school clothing trends or the latest gadgets to help your kids in class. Although you could easily spe...Kelly Sundstrom
- Back to School10 of The Coolest New School SuppliesYour kids can head back-to-school in style with these new awesome school supplies and accessories. Homework and lunchtime have never been so fun! Mini Panda Stapler Mini Panda Stapler Use this neat-o, decorative panda stapler to keep your s...Rachel Sokol
- Helping With HomeworkHomework Help: The Basics Online Tutoring For Your ChildLet's face it, sometimes kids needs a little extra homework help now and then. Whether it's learning how to successfully write a five-paragraph essay or properly understand algebra 2 concepts, sometimes students could use additional instruction o...Kelly Sundstrom
- Kindergarten ReadinessKindergarten Readiness ChecklistWhile there's no perfect formula that determines when children are truly ready for kindergarten, you can use this checklist below to see how well your child is doing in acquiring the skills found on most kindergarten checklists. Check the s...Peggy Gisler, Ed.S. and Marge Eberts, Ed.S.
- Getting Organized5 Organizing Tips for Back to SchoolThe back to school whirlwind can cause chaos in even the most organized households. Between eating breakfast and packing book bags, making it out the door before the bus pulls away can be quite a challenge! This year, don't let yourself get stres...Rebecca Desfosse
- Exercise and SportsThe Best Fall Sports for All AgesAs summer winds down, it's time to sign your little ones up for the sports they will play this fall. Sports are a great activity to get your kids involved in. They help your little ones make friends, develop teamwork and get exercise. However, no...Rebecca Desfosse
- Back to SchoolHow to Transition to a Back to School ScheduleWhen summer hits, your schedule goes out the window and kids can go to bed and wake whenever they please. But staying up late and sleeping until 10 isn't going to fly once the kids go back to school. Instead of jumping back into a school schedule...Rebecca Desfosse
- Preparing for Back to SchoolNom Nom Nom! Top 10 Healthy, Nut-Free Snacks for SchoolAre you stumped for snack ideas because your child can't eat nuts — or can't bring nuts to school due to a classmate's peanut allergy? Besides fresh fruit and veggies, learn some other easy, packable, healthy snacks that kids can bring to schoo...Erin Dower
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Preparing for Back to School5 Back to School Breakfasts You Can Make Ahead of TimeBack to school means the lazy, relaxing weekday mornings of the summer are quickly replaced with hectic ones. Between making sure your kids brush their teeth, packing book bags, and getting yourself dressed, you actually have to make (and eat!) a...Rebecca Desfosse