popular topics in back to school
- Back to SchoolWhat do Kids REALLY Like About School?FamilyEducation asked a bunch of kids what they really like about school. Check out this hilarious video for some honest answers. ...
- PTA and PTOHow to Get Involved in the PTAIf you've never been to a PTA meeting, it can be a little intimidating. A bunch of teachers and parents who all seem to know each other already, all working together to do… what exactly? Don't panic! The PTA is essential to your child's school'...Rebecca Desfosse
- Kindergarten ReadinessKindergarten Readiness ChecklistWhile there's no perfect formula that determines when children are truly ready for kindergarten, you can use this checklist below to see how well your child is doing in acquiring the skills found on most kindergarten checklists. Check the s...Peggy Gisler, Ed.S. and Marge Eberts, Ed.S.
- Supplies and ShoppingParents Pick the Coolest Back to School Supplies & Fashions With Advice at FamilyEducationInstead of wasting hours and hours wandering around the mall looking for school supplies, visit FamilyEducation to find out the coolest back to school clothing trends or the latest gadgets to help your kids in class. Although you could easily spe...Kelly Sundstrom
- Back to School10 of The Coolest New School SuppliesYour kids can head back-to-school in style with these new awesome school supplies and accessories. Homework and lunchtime have never been so fun! Mini Panda Stapler Mini Panda Stapler Use this neat-o, decorative panda stapler to keep your s...Rachel Sokol
- Helping With HomeworkHomework Help: The Basics Online Tutoring For Your ChildLet's face it, sometimes kids needs a little extra homework help now and then. Whether it's learning how to successfully write a five-paragraph essay or properly understand algebra 2 concepts, sometimes students could use additional instruction o...Kelly Sundstrom
- Breakfast8 Breakfasts Kids Can "Cook" ThemselvesEven the littlest hands can help out in the kitchen, and involving your child in meal preparation is an important lesson in responsibility and self-sufficiency. With just a little prep ahead of time from you, these simple ideas allow your child t...Lindsay Hutton
- AAP Says Interactive Screen Time Can Be HealthyWhen it comes to screen time and kids, it isn't all bad news. The American Academy of Pediatrics offers guidelines on how to make screen time healthy and educational.Curious World
- Getting Organized5 Organizing Tips for Back to SchoolThe back to school whirlwind can cause chaos in even the most organized households. Between eating breakfast and packing book bags, making it out the door before the bus pulls away can be quite a challenge! This year, don't let yourself get stres...Rebecca Desfosse
- Exercise and SportsThe Best Fall Sports for All AgesAs summer winds down, it's time to sign your little ones up for the sports they will play this fall. Sports are a great activity to get your kids involved in. They help your little ones make friends, develop teamwork and get exercise. However, no...Rebecca Desfosse
- Back to SchoolHow to Transition to a Back to School ScheduleWhen summer hits, your schedule goes out the window and kids can go to bed and wake whenever they please. But staying up late and sleeping until 10 isn't going to fly once the kids go back to school. Instead of jumping back into a school schedule...Rebecca Desfosse
- Getting Organized10 Ways to Help Your Kid Get Organized for the New School YearDeveloping good organizational skills is a key ingredient for success in school and in life. Although some people are by nature more organized than others, anyone can put routines and systems in place to help a child "get it together." The Coordi...Coordinated Campaign for Learning Disabilities
- Preparing for Back to School5 Back to School Breakfasts You Can Make Ahead of TimeBack to school means the lazy, relaxing weekday mornings of the summer are quickly replaced with hectic ones. Between making sure your kids brush their teeth, packing book bags, and getting yourself dressed, you actually have to make (and eat!) a...Rebecca Desfosse
- Back to School5 Back-to-School Must HavesStarting the new school year can be very exciting at first. But it can also feel stressful for your child, and pretty soon they might start experiencing all the distractions and pressures that exists in the classroom. Before this happens, get ...Kelly Sundstrom
- Preparing for Back to School7 Healthy Back-to-School Lunch Ideas Your Kids Will LoveThe new school year gets closer every day. Have you thought about your kids' lunch plan yet? This year, say goodbye to that sandwich and chips, and pack your kids a healthy lunch they won't want to trade. Healthy lunch ideas don't have to be ...
- Activities and CraftsCrayon Color Wheel CraftCrayon Color Wheel Craft For this craft, you will need: Materials: Bits of Crayons in an assortment of colors A clean, empty tuna can, or other shallow can Tongs Directions: Remove the paper wrappers from the broken bits of Cray...
- Fact Monster - a safe online educational space for kids
Are you worried about your kids being online? Fact Monster is a KidSafe-certified site for your kids to get homework help, play games and watch educational videos. Check it out...and give Same Game a try yourself!
sponsored contentFamily Education
- Choosing a PreschoolWaldorf or Montessori: Which Education Will Work for Your FamilySo, you've decided to look into an alternative school for your children, but you're not sure about whether Waldorf or Montessori schools fit your family's style. You're not alone. Many parents choose one of these schools without fully understandi...