In 2012, Brittany earned a Masters degree in Child Development and has worked for the past 20 years as a child development educator and parent advisor. As a mom of two littles, Brittany knows how important it is to stay connected to a community that understands the ups and downs of parenthood; it is wonderful and wonderfully challenging.
- KidsWhy I Chose to Let My Son Paint His NailsWhat are your thoughts on allowing boys to paint their nails? Is this something that makes you uncomfortable or are you all for it? More: This Is How One Parent Raises Their Gender-Neutral Child Nail Polish for Boys in the Media There has...Brittany McCabe
- Car SafetyIs It Ever Okay to Leave Your Kids in the Car?There are many things our parents did 30 years ago that would have them reported to the Department of Child and Family Services if they were to do it today. Sometimes I fondly think back to my childhood of freely riding my bicycle in the neighbor...Brittany McCabe
- Entertainment and ActivitiesAMC Movie Discounts Summer 2019When it comes to summer break, having some fun activities planned out makes all the difference in your kids’ attitude, as well as yours. It’s important to get out of the house and have some fun. More: How to Make the Transition from the Sc...Brittany McCabe
- Babies and Toddlers3 Tips for Negotiating With Toddlers Inspired by Mindy KalingWe all know toddlers are a strange species. They are temperamental, erratic, and emotionally unstable. At this age they become far more cognitively aware of their needs and how they manage in relation to their environment and their caretakers; ho...Brittany McCabe
- Discipline Strategies4 Discipline Strategies to Use With Highly Sensitive KidsBeing a parent is one of the most rewarding jobs on the planet and everyone who has the privilege of being a parent is truly lucky; however, it is not always easy. Usually, the most rewarding jobs come with hard work. It is through this hard work...Brittany McCabe
- Baby NamesGame of Thrones Inspired Baby NamesDeciding on a baby name can quickly turn into an all-consuming and obsessive activity. Naming your child is one of the first major decisions you must do as a parent and it’s a decision that comes with huge responsibility, weight, and consequenc...Brittany McCabe