Here are some great tips on how to organize your life.
In this article, you will find:
Setting aside time
Becoming OrganizedAs you start on this journey, organizing may take longer than you think. Don't be daunted by this plan for it. Remember the preparation-action-completion cycle? It operates here, too, so plan ahead to allocate time and energy to finish what you start in any particular organizing session. Also, plan sessions in which you identify new habits that you want to practice and a system that you would like to experiment with. You'll need time for all these activities. Schedule your organizing sessions when you are fresh and energized if you want your efforts to make a lasting difference. Don't organize when you are tired or during your "off" hours this only makes it harder.
Use these rules of thumb as you set aside time to get organized:
- Allocate much more time than you think you will need.
- Do less than you think you can. Scope it down.
- Start organizing only what you think you can finish in the allotted time.
- Stop before you think you are done. Then, complete all the little details.
- And a little twist on all of the above follow your energy. If you started out clearing out the junk drawer but suddenly have great energy to clear out the basement, go for it. Just reset your intention and keep moving. We disorganized people are sometimes best at doing just what we didn't set out to do. So what. Keep the big picture in mind and keep going.
- Remember that small steps actually taken are much more impactful than big steps not taken!!!