Take good care of your body and read these 10 tips of things you can check to keep yourself healthy.
10 Simple Health Things You Can Check Yourself
- Hop on the scales -- Weighing yourself every month (not every day!) will enable you to spot any changes before your clothes become too tight or even too loose.
- Look in the mirror -- If your eyes are red and baggy, you probably need more sleep. The good news is that sleep is cheaper than cosmetic surgery and better for you, too.
- Feel for bumps -- You know where those nasty bumps can occur. Feel yourself regularly and don't be bashful about showing your doctor anything you find worrying.
- Check your pee -- Take a look in the toilet. If your pee is any darker than straw then the chances are you're not drinking enough water.
- Check the small print -- Any small print will do. If it's difficult to read, you might need glasses. Regular eye checkups make good sense.
- Take your pulse -- Relax on the sofa; then count the beats over half a minute and multiply by two. The closer your pulse is to 70, the better.
- Blow up balloons -- Don't wait for a party to blow up balloons. Challenge your friends and see who among you has the most wind power. If it's tougher than you thought, ask yourself why.
- Smell your own breath -- If it's not as nice as you'd like, your teeth or gums might be the problem. Consider a visit to the dentist.
- Spots and worse -- Forgive me for reminding you that sexually transmitted diseases are on the increase. Young or old, cautious or bold, be aware of the risks and seek help if you're worried.
- Say that again -- Are people talking too quietly? Have your hearing checked.