Here's a "business idea" for your kids: they can gift wrap presents for busy moms and dads during the holiday season.
- Assorted rolls of wrapping paper
- Colored ribbons and matching bows
- Clear adhesive tape
- Empty gift boxes
- Tissue paper (sheets)
- Gift tags
- Before you begin wrapping gifts for other people, practice gift wrapping with newspaper and items around the house, such as books, socks, toys, and boxes of different shapes.
- Now neatly wrap a box or book in wrapping paper complete with ribbon, bow, and gift tag. You can use this sample to show your potential customers.
- Start offering your services to neighbors and busy working moms and dads.
- Allow your customers to choose the paper and the gift tag.
- Make sure you have all your materials with you and that you schedule enough time to complete the job to everyone's satisfaction.