Challenge your toddler to match an object with its traced outline in this fun activity.
- Household objects
- Pencil, pen, or marker
- Clear contact paper
- Box or bag
- Gather several common household objects, such as a spoon, cookie cutter, or key (something with a recognizable shape).
- Place each object on a separate piece of paper and trace around it.
- Cover the sheets of paper with clear contact paper.
- Put all the objects inside a box or bag and spread the pages with the outlined shapes on the table or floor.
- Have your child remove an object from the box or bag and match it to its outline.
- Store the objects and their outlines in a shoebox or diaper- wipe container when not in use.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.