Meaning and Origin of: Michel
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
Boy name origins & meanings:
- Hebrew : Who is like God
- Italian : God's angel; messenger; artist
Boy name variations
Family name origins & meanings:
- French, German, and Dutch : from the personal name Michel (see Michael).
- Basque : variant from the personal name Mitxel, equivalent of Michael.
- Polish : from a variant of the personal name Michał (see Michael).
- Greek : shortened form of any of various patronymic derivatives of Michael, for example Michelakis, Michelakakis, or Michelakos.