Girl name origins & meanings
- Japanese : Two right thumbs
Boy name origins & meanings
- Hebrew : Craftsman; spear
- Hawaiian : Man, the eastern sky
- Irish : Honor, tribute
- Japanese : Doubly accomplished, golden, man
- Scottish : Warlike
Family name origins & meanings
- Irish (Ulster) : reduced Anglicized form of Gaelic Ó Catháin ‘descendant of Cathán’ (see O’Kane). Compare Keane.
- Scottish : reduced form of McKean.
- Jewish (Ashkenazic) : altered spelling of Cohen.
- Jewish (eastern Ashkenazic) : variant spelling of Kanne.
- Probably also an Americanized spelling of German Köhn (see Kohn).