Boy name origins & meanings
- Greek : Valiant, courageous
Boy name variations
How Popular Is The Name Andros
Family name origins & meanings
- English : variant of Andrews.
- Swiss German and Hungarian : derivative of the personal name Andreas.
- Perhaps a reduced form of Greek Andronikos, Andronidis, or some other similar surname, all patronymics from Andreas.
- William Andros came to VA in 1617 and died there about 1655. Sir Edmund Andros (1637–1714) was the British colonial governor of several provinces in America between 1674 and 1698, most notably NY (1674–81).