15 Gift Ideas for Two Year Old Boys
Editor’s Note: We know raising kids can be hard. That’s why we’re dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
- Curious about their surroundings
- Developing language and new words almost daily
- Quickly learning to problem solve
- Imitating those around them
- Establishing a sense of independence
- Learning to play make-believe
- Running, climbing, and kicking balls
More: Baby and Toddler Toys
You can foster all of these milestones by gifting age-appropriate toys. Our gift guide is great for rambunctious little boys, as well as reserved and introspective little boys. You want gifts that will last and grow with kids for extended use.
Our Top Picks
- The Best Fine Motor Gift - Skoolzy Nuts and Bolts at Amazon
- Best Gross Motor Gift - SoftScape Toddler Builder Block Set at Amazon
- Best Imaginative Play Gift - Meland Kids Camping Set at Amazon
- Best Green Toy Gift - Green Toys Train at Amazon
- Best Educational Gift - Wooden Puzzles for Toddlers at Amazon
- Best STEM Gift - Picasso Tiles at Amazon
- Best Musical Gift - Hape Pound and Tap Bench with Xylophone at Amazon
- Best Art Gift - Washable Tempera Paint Sticks at Amazon
- Best Building Gift - Creative Soft Building Blocks at Amazon
- Best Outdoor Gift - Lawn Mower Bubble Machine at Amazon
- Best Lego Gift - Lego DUPLO My First Number Train at Amazon
- Best Fisher-Price Gift - Fisher-Price Drillin’ Action Tool Set at Amazon
- Best Gift for hand-eye-coordination - Wood City Beehive at Amazon
- Best Bath Toy Gift - Giraffe Waterfall Set with Fishing Games at Amazon
- Best Vehicle Gift - Kidzlane Pull Back Cars at Amazon
What to Consider When Purchasing Gifts for 2-year-old Boys
- Consider the recommendations of daycare providers, family members, or pediatricians. The experts in your life can point you in the right direction and help determine what areas of interest and development are for 2-year-olds.
- Think about the kinds of things this child is interested in. If they love books and quiet art activities, gifting outdoor sports equipment might not be as appreciated. Check-in with parents to make sure you aren’t giving a duplicate gift that might end up in a donation pile.
How We Chose Our Favorites
We consulted with experts, parents, and special education educators to get the lowdown on what you need to know to choose the best sensory toys for kids with special needs. We also tapped into these experts' advice to find out which brands were best and easily available on Amazon.