Meaning and Origin of: Cade
Search for Names & Meanings Top 100 Names for Boys Top 100 Names for Girls Last Name History & Meaning Name Popularity Tracker Celebrity Names Search for Names by Trait Browse First Names A-Z Browse Last Names A-Z Browse First Names by Origin Browse Last Names by Origin Baby Name Lists How to Choose a Name
First name origins & meanings:
- American : Simple happiness
- Old English : Rhythmic flow of sounds; Possibly a combination of Katy and Cody
- Old English : Round
- Welsh : Pure
- French : Cask; Short form of Cadence
- American : Exciting
First name variations
Last name origin & meaning:
- English : from a Middle English personal name, Cade, a survival of the Old English personal name or byname Cada, which is probably from a Germanic root meaning ‘lump’, ‘swelling’.
- English : metonymic occupational name for a cooper, from Middle English, Old French cade ‘cask’, ‘barrel’ (of Germanic origin, probably akin to the root mentioned in 1).
- English : nickname for a gentle or inoffensive person, from Middle English cade ‘domestic animal’, ‘pet’ (of unknown origin).
- French (Cadé) : topographic name from cade ‘juniper’ (from Latin catanus).
- Bearers of the name Caddé, from Amiens, were documented in Quebec city by 1670.