The Best Pregnancy Books for Preparing for Baby
Editor’s Note: We know raising kids can be hard. That’s why we’re dedicated to making your life easier with the latest and greatest parenting advice and products. We wanted to let you know that if you chose to purchase one of the items featured in this post, we may receive a small commission for it.
Pregnancy is such a special and unique time of life. It changes your body, your daily experience, and your future. It can be very comforting and helpful to find information about pregnancy that can help you feel at ease, know what to expect, and plan for different stages of pregnancy accordingly.
There is a multitude of books on pregnancy out there to choose from, but very much like pregnancy itself, they are not one size fits all. It is important to find the pregnancy book that works best for who you are and for the book to reflect your personal experience.
Below are the top eight pregnancy books of 2020 for parents-to-be to consider:
Our Top Picks
- Best Pregnancy Book for Natural Moms: The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Most Entertaining Pregnancy Book: The Sh!t No One Tells You About Pregnancy: A Guide to Surviving Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Beyond
- Best Pregnancy Book for First Time Moms: 50 Things to Do Before You Deliver: The First Time Moms Pregnancy Guide
- Best Pregnancy Book for First Time Dads: We're Pregnant! The First Time Dad's Pregnancy Handbook
- Best Home Birth Pregnancy Book: Our Births, Our Stories: Inspirational Home Births From Communities Around The World
- Best Data-Driven Pregnancy Book: Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom Is Wrong--and What You Really Need to Know
- Best Book About Pregnancy Nutrition: The Whole 9 Months: A Week-By-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide with Recipes for a Healthy Start
- Best Pregnancy Book for Gay Dads: The Ultimate Guide for Gay Dads: Everything You Need to Know About LGBTQ Parenting But Are (Mostly) Afraid to Ask
What to Consider When Choosing a Pregnancy Book
Pregnancy books can vary greatly in purpose, format, and intended audience. Before you choose one, consider the following questions:
- Who is this book for? Is it more to help me or someone else in my family?
- Do I learn best when information is fact driven and to the point, or do I absorb information better when it is set in a lighter format?
- Am I looking for a book that shares some information about all pregnancy topics, or would I like a book that does a deep dive into a more specific area?
- What does my personal family situation look like and does this book reflect who we are with its intended audience?
How We Chose Our Favorites
We consulted with experts and real parents to get the lowdown on the best pregnancy books of 2020. We also tapped into experts' advice to find out which were easily available on Amazon.
Looking for books for kids who are becoming big siblings. We’ve got the ultimate book list for you.