Don't be a play-it-again mom. It's your daughter's turn. Besides, grandparenting is delicious! Like the 50 million other grandparents in the United States, you will want to spend time and money on these love bundles. And, like many grandparents, you won't live in the same city as your daughter. When you visit, heed these suggestions:
- Try not to stay more than a few days.
- Do not interrupt the household routine.
- Do not take command of the house or the children.
- Make yourself helpful.
- Don't expect to be waited on.
- Baby-sit and give your daughter an afternoon or evening out.
- Always clear dates in advance of your visit.
This list should get you started. It does, however, take time to fit into this new mode. Let it evolve slowly.