When it comes to sports games and children, it's important to recognize that not all kids want to play soccer or be the star quarterback. How can you determine which sport is right for your child? Ask yourself these questions:
- What is my child interested in? Does she want to stick with one sport, or participate in several seasonal ones?
- What can I afford in time, money, and commitment?
- What is the coach's philosophy? Do we share the same values and beliefs about sports? Does this coach enjoy working with athletes at my child's level?
- Do all the kids in the program appear to be having fun? Are they all involved?
- Am I comfortable with the parents of the children who participate?
- Is the equipment and location safe? What procedures are followed if my child is injured?