Having trouble talking about the delicate subjects in your teen's life? Get the facts you need to talk honestly.
Starting Difficult Conversation with Teens
Having trouble talking about the delicate subjects in your teen's life? Don't start a conversation you can't finish. Get the facts you need to talk honestly with your kids.
- Forty percent of high-school seniors have tried marijuana. Be clear with your teen about the drug and its risks.
- Lots of kids have same-sex crushes. Explain to your teen that this isn't uncommon.
- Only 19 percent of kids learn about sex from their parents. Teach your teen about the birds and the bees.
- Puberty can be tough on kids. Steer your teen through these awkward years.
- The movies often deliver "adult only" themes right into your home. Be upfront with your teen about sex in the media.
- Kids learn prejudice from the adults in their lives. Set the right example for your teen.
- Ninety percent of parents say schools should teach sex education. Find out what teens are learning.
- Half of U.S. kids say TV news makes them depressed, angry, or sad. Watch and talk about the news with your teen.