- Grass clippings
- Food scraps
- Potato peelings
- Banana skins
- Tea bags
More than half the trash your family throws away could be composted to turn it back into rich, fertile soil. There are several easy ways to compost.
- The simplest way is to make a pile of leaves and grass clippings in a corner of your yard.
- After a while, the bottom layers can be used as a rich mulch on your garden.
- Another way is to build a special bin made from wood posts and chicken wire.
- Place all your organic waste inside the bin, alternating with layers of soil.
- Keep it moist and turn it over every few weeks.
- Adding worms to your compost bin will help make an even richer and more fertile soil additive.